Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Puppy

We have a new puppy from  N.O.A.H.  I am having to cut my nails down some more especially my right hand. She is quarantined to our master bedroom and bathroom for the next ten days when hopefully her kennel cough will be gone along with her parasites. She is 3 months old, weighs 5 pounds and was found abandoned on the street and brought to a shelter. She's adorable but keeping everything clean and keeping her away from our other two dogs until the vet gives her the all clear is time consuming. It is worth it and since I don't work I have the time to take care of her. N.O.A.H. did worm her twice, gave her frontline and spayed her. On the bright side she has no temp, no diarrhea, her cough is mild, she is hydrated and eating, eyes are bright and she is alert so it is just a mild cold. She is on medicine for the next ten days then goes back to vet for follow up.
My hands are taking a beating though from washing and disinfecting them though I am also using gloves. I plan on throwing out all the soft toys tomorrow that she has and just letting her have the ones that can be cleaned. This isn't a very good picture of her but eventually I will post a better one. We named her Hermione. She has sable coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my blog.