Monday, May 2, 2011

Chili


So I could not sleep and ended up making tomorrows supper this evening. On bright side it is all done I just need to make rice and heat it up tomorrow. It will taste yummy as the seasoning will have set over night.
Family recipe from my Mom no clue where she got it from. What I do know is that this was frequently on the menu when I was growing up and is a favorite of my Husbands and my kids. 
CHILI
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped ( I would add more if I had more but they are pricey around here)
1 clove of garlic minced
3 15oz cans of small red beans (I used black beans in this picture because it is what was in my pantry)
2 6oz cans of tomato paste
1-2 tablespoons of chili powder ( I put chili powder on table so peeps can add more if want and Hubby adds hot sauce)
1 tsp of cumin (optional but I like it so I use it)
  In a large skillet brown beef, onion, pepper and garlic. Drain fat. Stir in rest of the ingredients. Simmer uncovered 30 min. Great with rice, crusty bread or cornbread. Also gets better the next day so good for a do ahead and pot lucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my blog.