Tuesday, September 7, 2010
SO turns out Gizmo had an allergic reaction to an insect bite or is allergic to his food. Since his ear is messed up the vet feels it was an insect. He doesn't have fleas they checked him closely so more then likely what ever it was bit him and jumped ship. He's on antibiotics, and childrens benadryl. To me he seems better already. We could not get him to the vet Sunday or Monday due to the holiday. So I bathed him in baking soda then 15 min just feet in epsom salts. Then I put bedadine on his paws and lightly wrapped the paws in gauze and put disposable booties on them so he could not lick or chew himself to pieces. And my hubby gave him benadryl which turns out was exactly the right thing to do for him. Now my nail polish and hands are a disaster from taking care of him but I am to tired to do anything about that. I am just happy Giz is ok .